Website Bristol Bay Borough
PORT OFFICE ASSISTANT
Immediate Supervisor: Port Administrator
Positions Supervised: None
Step Classification: Hourly K ($28.65-$47.01) DOE (No Benefits)
Terms: Full Time Summer Seasonal
Must be at least 18 years of age, high school diploma or GED equivalent, and have a valid Alaska driver’s license. Must pass pre-employment drug test. Must be capable of working with the public, fisherman, Port employees, and all other barge and vessel employees. Must be proficient with all aspects of standard office practices and related equipment including fax machines, copiers, PC’s (including word processing, spreadsheets and database software), multiline phone, etc. Good organizational skills and accuracy are required for large loads and many different types of paperwork, a lot of working with numbers. Test of actual skill levels may be required. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. This is a 5 day, 40 hours per week position, with limited overtime. Preferred State of Alaska Basic Fire Fighter certification or higher.
Assist with running all office operations, in a fast paced work environment. Answer multiple phone and radio lines, have good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs (excel, access, word). Assist with billing, accounts payable and receivables, responsible for accurately recording data on services covered by the Port Tariff, and give documentation to the Billing Clerk. Perform administration and secretarial duties in support of and as assigned by the Billing Clerk and the Port Foreman.
Duties and Tasks Performed
• Answers phones and direct calls and messages for multiple people. Answer general questions from public about all Port operations.
• Collects charges for ice and other items, giving documentation to Billing Clerk.
• Sort bills of lading.
• Assist the Port Foreman with scheduling.
• Organize, take inventory and stock all Port office supplies.
• Complete vessel service lists for all incoming vessels when necessary.
• Answer multiple phone and radio lines and direct calls and messages to Port Staff.
· Run daily errands to drop off billing, mail and pick up supplies and distribute mail and other items to employees, warehouse, Port Billing Clerk etc.
· Become familiar with Port Tariff, billing system, including account coding and computer generated cargo bills and other various cargo documentation skills.
· Assist with billing, accounts payable and receivable, documentation of cargo traffic on dock and data entry.
· Assist Port Foreman with maintaining and completing all paperwork required by the port and carriers for proper cargo shipping and receiving.
· Help compile cargo tonnage figures and annual shipping statistics information.
· Design office and warehouse forms, and make copies.
· Organize and keep supplied all Port office supplies, order when needed, stock and inventory.
· Prepare carrier voyage books for office and LCL.
· Record all containerized cargo data including all seafood and supply shipments and give to Billing Clerk.
· Responsible for cleaning Port office daily.
· When necessary, fill in for shipping and receiving employees in the LCL warehouse.
· Perform as a Firefighter when needed.
· All other duties as assigned.
POSTED in-house and out
of house 02/08/2024
By the Borough Clerk’s
Office OPEN UNTIL
Applications can be found
on the Borough’s website
Send applications to
BRISTOL BAY BOROUGH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com