Offered by the Alaska Municipal League
Our goal is to help strengthen local governments who may not otherwise have access to or capacity for these services independently. Let us work with you to take the pressure off of your budgets and bring peace of mind to your staff and municipal officials.
Alaska Municipal Financial Solutions
AML has developed this program to support local governments who may: – Experience turnover, lack staff with financial experience, would like to strengthen their financials, or just might need additional assistance.
Essentially, this service expands the capacity of a local government so that current staff can focus on administering municipal affairs while having confidence in their bookkeeping and accounting. Our hope is that it saves you time, is affordable, and produces timely and accurate results.
AML is providing a suite of services that members can choose from, including as a package:
- Payroll – manage biweekly or monthly payroll systems, processing timesheets, tracking benefit accrual, and processing checks/deposits
- Accounts Payable – managing invoices for accurate and timely payment via check or electronic deposit • Bank Reconciliation – ensuring that payables and receivables are matched against bank statements for proper accounting
- General Ledger – tracking and producing timely reporting of revenues, expenditure, assets, and liabilities
- Budget/Reporting – producing regular budget to actuals, fund balance, balance sheet, and other reports to allow the administrator/manager and council/assembly to act accordingly
- Audit and Financial Statement Prep – establishing systems that properly document and account for all revenues and expenditures for efficient use in the preparation of financial statements or an audit
Below we outline the list of services we are able to provide, an estimate of hours based on what we expect small vs. larger communities may need, and fees that are discounted from the hourly rate as part of a flat rate. Fees vary based on the level of work necessary, and the amount of time relative to the needs of the member.